Tuesday, December 12, 2006

What Religion Are You?

Reading the science blogs, I came across someone writing about a test from BeliefNet, the Belief-O-Matic, which attempts to classify a person's beliefs into a religious grouping.  The results for my tests are below:
 
1. Secular Humanism (100%)
2. Unitarian Universalism (99%)
3. Liberal Quakers (86%)
4. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (83%)
5. Nontheist (79%)

I would agree to my beliefs as matching the site's definition of Secular Humanism, but the test weights values as well, and assumes atheism has no particular humanitarian bent.  According to the weighting, my liberal and humanitarian values would classify me as fitting the more liberal religions.
Post a Comment

Review: The Systems View of Life: A Unifying Vision

An excellent, incredibly insightful and informative book, somewhat marred by the tedium experienced in the authors' rehashing the ideas ...